The money raised by this auction will help NSN be financially secure and able to achieve its vision of a world in which all people value the power of storytelling and its ability to connect, inspire, and instill respect within our hearts and communities.
Click here to see the first 20 items which have been donated. Perhaps you have some items which need a new home. last summer, over 70 items were donated and $5,300 was raised. We are hoping, with you help, to do better this summer.
Here are types of items which have sold well in the past:
- Art: quilts, wall hangings, paintings
- Gift certificates
- Storytelling accessories: puppets, musical instruments and other story enhancers
- Storytelling books, CDs, DVDs
- Storytelling conference and storytelling festival registrations
- Storytelling services (marketing, recording, coaching, photography, house concerts, etc.)
Minimum value for a donated item: $35
Items must be new or nearly-new in excellent condition.
PLEASE NOTE: at last year’s auction, over two-thirds of the items sold for $35 – $60. So if you have four CDs you want to donate, please submit two auction items, each containing two CDs.
If you have an item or service you would like to donate, please do the following no later than July 1st:
A) Fill out one Google form per auction item http://bit.ly/nsn-s21-donation
Please note: Unfortunately, you only get one chance to edit the information you enter – that’s immediately after you submit this form. So please gather all the pieces of information and then fill in this form with:
- Description of donated item
- Approximate retail value
- Starting price ($35.00 minimum for each item)
- Shipping Cost – please enter 0 if you are donating the cost of shipping
- Travel details (if any)
- Donor’s name
- Donor’s email address
- Name of donor’s organization (if any)
- Website address of donor’s organization (if any)
- Donor’s mailing address
- Donor’s preferred telephone number
- one to four photos of the auction item. (If it’s a service you will provide, perhaps your photo would be appropriate.)
- The logo of your business (if you have one)
Important: Do not mail any items to the NSN office. At the end of the auction, there will be direct mailing from the donor to the auction winner.
Imagine sitting in your favorite spot and bidding on beautiful hand-crafted items and inspiring storytelling experiences, donated from your storytelling friends across the nation and beyond to help support NSN. For five days in mid-July, you’ll be able to get a jump on your holiday shopping wherever you are as long as you can access the NSN website. Watch for specifics about the auction itself to be posted at
https://storynet.org/summer-auction/ and in Story Forge, the NSN monthly newsletter.
To generate donations and also when the auction runs in July, please spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and other social networks. Let your non-storytelling friends, family, and co-workers in on the auction, especially if you spot an item they might be interested in.
We look forward to a fun online event but first, we need your donations to make it happen!
Donation Deadline: July 1st
THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUPPORT,
Kate Dudding, Auction Chair Marilyn McPhie, Auction Co-Chair