Reply To: Now… how to improve performance…

Welcome Forums NSN Forum The Business of Storytelling Now… how to improve performance… Reply To: Now… how to improve performance…

Administrator
Keymaster

Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 11:37:31 -0700

Hi Maria:

As a physical performer, videotape is the only way to communicate my work to my prospects. I spent lots of time and money having my live shows taped by professional videographers. And I always felt that it never communicated what I do. So last year, I hired a top videographer to tape in a studio with at least two cameras, and that is what’s important. In a studio you have total control over lighting and sound. You usually do three takes with a long shot, a head shot, and a mid-range shot, with another camera to tape certain accents. What’s more it is worth the money to have a professional editor do the work. Now, unless I become an overnight sensation, I will probably never do this again, as it is VERY expensive. I spent 8K to get an excellent product. In the end, I am happy I did it. Here’s a snippet of a promo he did:

Elaine Muray
Storyteller/Educator
“Nothing changes until something moves.”….Albert Einstein
Read my Whirling Words blog, sign up for my occasional newsletter and learn about programs and what’s happening in the world of storytelling at http://www.embodiedvoicestoryarts.com.

Scroll to Top