Reply To: Now… how to improve performance…

Welcome Forums NSN Forum The Business of Storytelling Now… how to improve performance… Reply To: Now… how to improve performance…

Administrator
Keymaster

Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 19:09:25 +0000

Elaine, having seen you perform live, I have to say that this snippet does give a good overview of what you do, but you’re right, that’s a painful amount to spend.

I think that storytelling is more difficult to film than, say, a musical performance is, because it’s more difficult to convey all of the nuances in a story performance.

For the concert series I book, musicians send me links to videos all of the time, and what I’m looking for there is the quality of the musical performance and the quality of the interaction with the audience. I think that the second of these is what is lacking from most storytelling promotional videos, which is why some of them across as dry and detached. They’re like watching a performance on TV, rather than through a window, if that makes sense. I’d rather have that sense that the performer is telling to someone other than just a camera, but maybe that’s just me.

–Nick Smith

Scroll to Top