Reply To: learning to search stories…

Welcome Forums NSN Forum Storytelling Resources learning to search stories… Reply To: learning to search stories…

Administrator
Keymaster

Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 11:55:49 -0400

My experience is that often I find a story that has an image or an complex idea that fascinates or moves me.
But the story itself, as written in text (often not that well done on the internet) feels unsatisfactory. It is why I have developed (and coach) people to climb into the story to harvest the images, the incidents, characters,
and how the story has meaning in performance so that I can in a way uncover the essential valuable story
for reciprocal performance. It is a task for sure, but so completely satisfying. Far too often people take the
story literally .. only; and they make it kind of fanciful and explanatory mistaking wonder for a kind of victorian fascination with magic that is not believed. a disney specialty. In this way, I have been able to reconstruct stories (without damaging the essence and finding the heart that is valuable particularly for young adults). Therefore I couldn’t actually recommend a story, but more a process.

Laura

Scroll to Top