January 7, 2018 –
Join photographer David Coulson for an immersive 3-hour photography workshop on the art of visual storytelling. Open to anyone with a camera (or camera-phone), this workshop will introduce participants to the components used in creating compelling images for telling a story with a purpose. No previous experience is necessary.
This event is part of the #Picture2050 project, an all-ages photo contest inspired by the City's TransformTO climate plan and presented by TCAN. This workshop will focus on the story of Toronto, and envisioning a future sustainable city in 2050.
- Visual storytelling lesson;
- Photo walk in Regent Park;
- Picture sharing, feedback & contest submission over hot chocolate, coffee or tea and a light snack.
Whether taking pictures for Instagram or capturing an event, this workshop will help participants improve their ability to express and make an impact with their stories.
- Spots are limited and will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis;
- General addmission is $5;
- Admission for youths, students and under-waged is free (register directly by contacting email@example.com);
- Workshop will take place snow, rain or shine; please dress warmly.
The workshop is sponsored by The Atmospheric Fund (TAF).