December 26, 2017 –
Storytelling & Comedy Workshop FREE TASTE with Alicia Dattner:
Arrive & Schmooze, Body/Instrument Warmups, Relational Presence, Improv Games, maybe a teaching, and maybe a little inadvertent comedy from Alicia
You'll get to tell a 5-minute story or comedy set, with 2 minutes of feedback from the group and Alicia
PLEASE ARRIVE ON-TIME - DOORS CLOSE at 7 PM
WHAT ALICIA'S STUDENTS ARE SAYING
- "Alicia changed my life for the better. I began work with her hoping for creative guidance. She is immensely talented in this realm. The experience surpassed my expectations though. It became one of the most healing journeys I've ever taken. She not only nurtured my artistic growth, she helped cultivate my personal evolution as well. Alicia is profoundly skilled and she cares deeply. This combination makes her an unstoppable force. Plus she's damn funny! I've done my best but there are no words to properly describe the wonder of Alicia Dattner. I'm just so grateful to have met her because she helped me find my voice."
- "Thank you for the rockstar kick ass coach that you are!! Everyone should have the pleasure of working with you!"
- "What an amazing capstone to two months of incredibly raw connection and self-discovery."
- "It was a really fabulous experience. Such a great group of people, full of love and acceptance. Thank you Alicia for pushing us to explore challenging subjects. I’ve been carrying this story around for years, and now, retelling it over and over again, it’s just lost its power over me. I’m free."
- "What an amazing and profound experience this class has been for us all. WE all started as strangers at point X...two months later, we are in another solar system as extended family. Thank you to each one...to what ever degree we connected, it was perfect. Today i am so proud of my self and of each of us for our courage and growth. And to the lovely, talented muse and spirit guide Alicia... a standing ovation and boxes of chocolate...with your courage and support, I/we've crossed the rainbow. Today, my cells are restructuring as I begin where I am...in a new place!"
- "I’m blown away by Alicia's ability to work with everyone's material each week. She sees the potential and very eloquently and gracefully guides students. I am so impressed! I just love her approach. She makes this work safe. She's created a beautiful container for the essence of who we are to emerge.”
- “Alicia is a brilliant facilitator. I'm already getting exactly what I hoped for from workshop. I'm grateful for her for her skill, her care, her gentleness, her power and her wisdom.”
- “Alicia's feedback is insightful, practical, thoughtful and supportive. I especially appreciated her insights and support for my piece. She's great.”
ABOUT ALICIA'S STUDENTS
People who have worked with Alicia have appeared Off-Broadway, on Late Night with Jimmy Kimmel, headlined The Improv in LA, started theatre companies, been featured on TED Talks that have gone viral, led troupes dancing in Carnaval, performed on musical stages internationally, acted in SF theatre productions, The Moth NYC, and been featured artists on NPR. Her students have incorporated standup comedy, storytelling, poetry, singing, dancing, and performance art into their work.