NSN 2019 National Storytelling Summit Call for Presentations
Theme for the Summit: Story Now!
Stories are powerful. Stories are persuasive. Stories, well told, can move people and change how they act, and how they think and feel about themselves and the world. Stories are now!
Now! From the boardroom to the classroom, and the page to the stage, personal stories and folktales are catalysts for change in nearly every aspect of our lives.
Now! We are witnessing the power of stories to tear down the walls that divide us, build bridges between people and cultures, and connect us, human-to-human.
Now! We invite you to join with other practitioners of this foundational art and share your expertise at the National Storytelling Summit – the premier annual gathering of the keenest minds in the world of storytelling. We are seeking proposals for presentations and workshops to:
- Help tellers improve their artistic abilities, craft quality stories, and share them effectively;
- Demonstrate effective ways to apply storytelling in fields such as healthcare, education, writing, technology, businesses, community development, etc;
- Provide business/career advice for storytellers;
- Share effective models to build bridges or create change through storytelling;
- Showcase the intersections of storytelling with media and/or other art forms; and
- Stretch the limits of storytelling, forecast new and exciting ways to use storytelling, or access new audiences.
Every story enthusiast is welcome! We need your expertise now!