National Storytelling Network (NSN) is offering Financial Assistance Scholarships to students and young adults interested in attending our 2018 National Storytelling Summit. Recipients of the scholarships will be paired with others at the Summit that will act as guides and resources during the Summit. For more information contact Judy Sima (email@example.com or 248-644-3951).
Who May Apply
- Adults ages 18-35 (graduated or no longer attending high school), interested in using storytelling in their respective fields (i.e., education, psychology, museum educator, environmental educator, healing arts, law, religion, business, theater, freelance storytelling, etc.)
The following Summit registration package:
- Thursday Welcome Networking Reception Event with appetizers; Keynote addresses on Thursday evening and Friday; Friday thru Saturday workshop sessions (31 sessions to choose from!); Thursday thru Saturday Fringes, Showcases, and Story Swaps; Friday Night Slam Championship; Saturday evening main stage performances; Saturday’s ORACLE Awards Ceremony (lunch not included)
- Lodging at Summit hotel (Kansas City Country Club Marriott) for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights
- Must provide own transportation to/from Summit
- Must be willing to share a room with another scholarship recipient or Summit attendee
- Must pay own meals and incidental expenses (tips, etc.)
- Winners will be required meet with a Next Generation coordinator and attend the Thursday, 4:00 p.m. workshop called “Creating a Conference Community” and the Thursday Welcoming Networking Reception
- Volunteer for specific duties as assigned at the Summit
- Write a letter to thank scholarship contributors
At least two scholarships will be awarded. If additional funding is received, additional scholarships will be granted. Members of the Next Generation Scholarship Committee will judge applications and determine scholarship winners. Applications are due May 11, 2018 and should be sent to Danni Altman-Newell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners will be notified on or before May 21, 2018. Awardees will be sent a Summit registration form by email that needs to be completed and returned to Danni Altman-Newell on or by May 30, 2018.