The National Storytelling Network (NSN) is offering Scholarships to students and young adults interested in attending our 2019 National Storytelling Summit. Recipients of the scholarships will be paired with others at the Summit that will act as guides and resources during the Summit. For more information contact Judy Sima (email@example.com or 248-644-3951).
Who May Apply
- Adults ages 18-35 (graduated or no longer attending high school), interested in using storytelling in their respective fields (i.e., education, psychology, museum educator, environmental educator, healing arts, law, religion, business, theater, freelance storytelling, etc.)
- Full Summit registration (does not include workshops or events that require an additional registration fee)
- Lodging at Summit hotel for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights
- Must provide own transportation to/from Summit
- Must be willing to share a room with another scholarship recipient or Summit attendee
- Must pay own meals and incidental expenses (tips, etc.)
- Winners will be required meet with a Next Generation coordinator
- Volunteer for specific duties as assigned at the Summit
- Write a letter to thank scholarship contributors
At least two scholarships will be awarded. If additional funding is received, additional scholarships will be granted. Members of the Next Generation Scholarship Committee will judge applications and determine scholarship winners. Applications are due May 1, 2019 and should be sent to the NSN office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners will be notified on or before May 31, 2019. Awardees will be sent a Summit registration form by email that needs to be completed and returned to Danni Altman-Newell on or by June 15, 2019.