Welcome! We’re excited that you want to produce a TELLABRATION!™ event!
You’ve joined a group that started in 1987 when a Connecticut yarn spinner, J. G. Pinkerton, launched his vision of a night of storytelling for adults.
Since then TELLABRATION!™ sites have spread around the world, reaching audiences of more than 50,000 each year.
TELLABRATION!™ has expanded to include a month-long array of events that build appreciation and advocacy for the art form at storytelling centers, colleges and universities, schools, museums, libraries, performing arts centers, senior centers, and even on trains, boats, and planes! It’s not only a great way to celebrate storytelling, but an important opportunity to reach out to all those story enthusiasts who are not yet NSN members.
There are a few, simple requirements that will help make your TELLABRATION!™ more effective:
- List your event on NSN’s calendar of events, so more people can find your event.
- Always use TELLABRATION!™ with the trademark designation.
- Make sure that all materials have the NSN logo, which you can get from our office, along with the phrase “TELLABRATION!™ is a trademark of the National Storytelling Network.”
- Read the TELLABRATION!™ proclamation at your event.
- Be sure to put out NSN information at the event, including NSN membership applications (available from the NSN website, our office, or your NSN state liaison). For online events, please include a link to the membership form on the NSN website.
- You” want to collect contact information from your attendees and share it with the office so we can help keep your community informed about upcoming events in the storytelling community! If you use our NSN event page at EventBrite for tickets, NSN will receive that information automatically.
Our TELLABRATION!™ Promo Kit and Event Guidebook, which includes logos, are free. The Promo Kit includes the following:
TELLABRATION!™ Event Guidebook
The recently-revised TELLABRATION!™ Guidebook is a “must-have” for first time producers, and will also be useful for the experienced producer. The Guidebook is a step-by-step guide offering tips ranging from developing a production staff to advertising your event. You will also find valuable information on selecting your site or online platform and promoting ticket sales if needed. The contents of the Guidebook will definitely take the guesswork out of being a producer.
TELLABRATION!™ Promo Kit
The TELLABRATION!™ Promo Kit is packed with all the materials you will need to promote your TELLABRATION!™ event. Updated annually, this kit consists of NSN Logo letterhead, tickets, invitations, flyers for print and online use, a sample program, and more. You will also find samples of various letters including press releases. You will definitely want to use the flyers for distribution in your community. The Promo Kit is a lifesaver for promoting your TELLABRATION!™ event.
The TELLABRATION!™ Proclamation provides the opportunity for producers to create a moment for unifying in spirit all the TELLABRATION!™ locations, making each audience aware of the united effort to further the art of storytelling. Many TELLABRATION!™ locations choose to read the Proclamation at the beginning of their TELLABRATION!™ events.
The TELLABRATION!™ logo was revised in August 2020 and will be updated each year in the future. It can be requested from the NSN office. Providing an updated logo each year will keep the logo fresh and has the added bonus of providing TELLABRATION!™ sites who enjoy showing their years of participation in TELLABRATION!™ events the option of presenting a chronological visualization of their participation as an alternative to a text list. The NSN office will provide you the Promo Kit electronically. Click below to request your copy of the TELLABRATION!™ Promo Kit.
If you have questions, please contact NSN at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-525-4514.