Welcome! We’re excited that you have an interest in producing a TELLABRATION!™ event!
You’ve joined a group that started in 1987 when a Connecticut yarn spinner, J. G. Pinkerton, launched his vision of a night of storytelling for adults.
Since then TELLABRATION!™ sites have joined hands around the world. For example, just a dozen years after its start in 1999, 333 sites, 400 producers, and 6700 production staffers spun stories to a combined audience of over 34,000.
TELLABRATION!™ has expanded to include a weekend of storytelling that builds appreciation and advocacy for the art form at storytelling centers, colleges and universities, schools, museums, libraries, performing arts centers, elder hostels, and even on trains and planes! It’s not only a great way to celebrate storytelling, but an important opportunity to reach out to all those story enthusiasts who are not yet NSN members.
There are a few, simple requirements that will help make your TELLABRATION!™ more effective for NSN:
- List your event on NSN’s calendar of events, so more people can find your event.
- Always use TELLABRATION!™ with the trademark designation.
- All digital and printed material should contain the NSN logo, which you can get from our office, along with the phrase “TELLABRATION!™ is a trademark of the National Storytelling Network.”
- Read the TELLABRATION!™ proclamation at your event (available online and in the TELLABRATION™ Promo Kit).
- Be sure to put out NSN information at the event, including NSN membership applications (available from the NSN website, our office, or your NSN state liaison).
- Collect contact information from all of your attendees and share it with the office so we can help keep your community informed about upcoming events in the storytelling community! If you use our NSN event page at EventBrite for tickets, NSN will collect that information automatically. If you use a sign-up sheet at the event, we ask that you share that contact information with us.
Our TELLABRATION!™ Promo Kit and Event Guidebook, which includes logos, are free. You can view the description for each item we include in the Promo Kit by clicking on the title of the document below.