NABS – NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLACK STORYTELLERS
“IN THE TRADITION…”
41st Annual National Black Storytelling Festival & Conference
“Telling Our Stories From The Mountaintops!”
Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel
Salt Lake City, Utah
November 8-12, 2023
Co-Host: Nubian Storytellers Of Utah Leadership (NSOUL).
• Registration deadline is October 10, 2023! Members remember: After you log in, you must click the box that says “Register Yourself” in order to reach the official registration form. After October 10th you will have to register onsite.
• Souvenir Journal deadline is October 10, 2023. This is the final deadline and will not be extended!!The Souvenir Journal Contract is on our website under the “Fest & Conference” tab. Please make sure you mail the contract and payment to our P.O. Box. AND, remember that all ads and photographs to be emailed to
• ADDITIONAL HOTEL ROOMS HAVE BEEN ADDED!!! If you have not made reservations, you better do so NOW!!! They won’t last being available for long.
• Book your group rate for National Association of Black Storytellers 2023 Festival and Conference
* For those arriving Tuesday or Wednesday, don’t forget to plan to support by attending NSOUL’s Pre-Festival Event!
* There’s still time to join THE NABS Ensemble! Shoot me an email with your name and instrument of choice. Practice rhythms are on the way!
* Make sure you’re in attendance at the AKWAABA Gathering to welcome and show some love to our first-timers and new members!
* Sign-up sheets for “In The First Beginning Story Swap!” will be available after the AKWAABA Gathering.
* Travel safe, bring some hugs, laughter and good vibes. We need it about now!!!!
SEE YA IN SALT LAKE CITY!!!!
2023 NABS Festival Director