As part of our Member Benefits, NSN offers our members a national, centralized ticketing service in conjunction with Event Brite.
We want to create a one-stop shopping hub for tickets to our members’ storytelling events across the country. By ticketing your event through NSN, your event will not only appear on its own individual Event Brite page, but it will also be displayed with other members’ events from across the country on our NSN Organizer Profile page.
NSN will publicize our Organizer Profile Page on the website and through our weekly newsletter, so everyone will know where to browse for events nationwide. You can also link to your ticket page from your NSN website calendar entry.
There are several conditions for posting through NSN (see below), but the posting process is quite simple:
- Contact NSN’s Marketing and Membership Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Indicate that you’d like to post your event on Event Brite through NSN, providing your name and email.
- Provide the event title; the ticket name (e.g., general admission); number of tickets available, and the price per ticket. Include the country in which you’ll be paid (e.g., United States) and the currency in which you’ll be paid (e.g., US Dollars).
From this information, NSN will set up an account specifically for your event. Event Brite will then send you an email to set up a password for the account, which will allow you to edit your event entry, as you would on any online ticket service.
At that point, you can add event and organizer descriptions, dates and locations, images, payment information and any other customizing you need to include.
When you change the event designation from the default, ‘private’, to ‘public’, your event will appear on its own Event Brite page, as well as appearing on the NSN Organizer Profile page with all of the other NSN members’ events that have been posted.
Since posting on Event Brite through the NSN account is a member benefit, there are a few conditions for posting, which primarily parallel the general conditions for posting on Event Brite:
- Must be a current NSN member.
- Posting must be for a storytelling-related event (does not include crowd-sourcing drives).
- Accept Eventbrite’s Terms of Service.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Must use Eventbrite Purchase Processing (EPP), so that online ticketing fees are charged to the ticket buyer.
Like most online ticket sites, Event Brite charges a processing fee for each ticket sold ($0.99 flat rate, plus 2% of ticket price), and a 3% credit card processing fee. For example, a $15.00 ticket with fees would be $16.75.
Free events are not charged either ticket processing fees or credit card processing fees.
- Must have copyright clearance for any 3rd party content.
- If selling tickets on another site as well, you may not mention other ways of buying tickets on the Eventbrite posting.